Thursday, May 24, 2012

"It's Fine" Thursday (Inspired by my BlogCrush.)

Before I even begin this post that is mostly a thinly-veiled list of weird stuff that I do in hopes that I'm maybe not the only one...I must give credit to my inspiration, the best female blogger in the blogiverse, MKWonderland (Her post is authentic Kate Spade. Mine is the cheap NYC Coach knockoff, the one where the "C"s are facing the wrong way. Here is her's .)

So. Today is Thursday. The sun is sorta shining, the morning news was mundane to the point where I flipped on VH-1 Classic Videos, and about half of the country is disappointed that our new American Idol looks like he's between classes at the local Community College. Today, I'm saying..."It's Fine."


It's Fine that...

You're reusing old excuses not to attend people's home sale parties. Is there anything more awkward than telling someone, "Not only do I not want to buy your overpriced pyramid stuff, but I don't even want to sit in your house and eat free food while you sell it to other people"? I've actually never been to these parties, but I imagine it's kind of like going to the Book Fair in elementary school, only it's in someone's living room and there's booze there (Unless it's the Jesus 31 Canvas Monogram Bags; Those 'wine coolers'...they're really Pellegrino holders, right?) You're going to feel awkward if you're the only person not buying something, so at the Book Fair you buy a few Arthur bookmarks and then hide in the bathroom. I make it a policy not to hide in bathrooms at my friends' houses unless I'm secretly borrowing their tweezers so PLEASE accept my excuse when I say, "I'm sorry, I have a thing." Go with it. I'm too cheap to buy anything you're selling anyway. 

"Buy this, or we're not friends anymore...LOL!"

You touched up your makeup before going to the gym. To the people who scoff, "It's not a beauty contest" I say "well CLEARLY it's not", flip my hair and get back on the treadmill. (I went to Elon. Old habits.)

Your room is spotless. Your car is a disaster. 

You pat yourself on the back for not over-buying at the grocery store when you shopped while hungry, then open a bag of Cheddar Bugles and eat them at a red light. Nobody's perfect. 

You smiled to yourself when America collectively "disliked" the status of Facebook's I.P.O. A million dollars isn't cool. You know what's cool? A lawsuit. 

You think that the new 7-11 Slurpee Lite is a gift. A gift right from baby Jesus. 

Scrolling through your phone photo gallery goes like this: Cat. Cat. Cats in a pose. Cat. Myself with cat. Myself with other cat. Out-of-focus sunset. Cat. Cat with out-of-focus sunset. Picture of inside of my purse. Cat. Cat in purse... 

People's statuses about hockey and baseball look like this to you "I can't believe that...blah blah, person, statistic, !!, number, numbers, person, other team." 

The Maroon 5 song "Payphone" is already bugging the crap out of you. Who uses payphones anymore?! Are you in a prison?? I hope this isn't the next "Hey, Soul Sister." The good news is, not a lot of opportunities for use in commercials unless the company's expressing how much easier it is to have a cell phone than find a phone booth. ("Collect call from 'Bob Wehadababyitzaboy?'")


So whatchu got? What are you doing today that's "fine"? Lay it on me. 

1 comment:

  1. It's fine that I'm wearing the same workout shorts that I did yesterday, in hopes that I will actually make it to the gym... :)

    ReplyDelete